Safety switches are effective for disconnecting equipment and circuits from their power source in a swift and safe manner. These safety or disconnect switches are utilized in many ways in many industrial and commercial sectors, including being used for safe service entrance, safe disconnect for maintenance and testing, fault protection for motorized equipment, and an emergency stoppage in the event of a complication.
Types of Switches We Offer大拇指影院最新章节_大拇指影院最新章节列表 大拇指影院最新章节_大拇指影院最新章节列表 ,最新发布页ccyycom草草影院无弹窗全文阅读_最新发布页ccyy 最新发布页ccyycom草草影院无弹窗全文阅读_最新发布页ccyy
- General Duty Safety Switches – General duty safety switches can be used in a wide range of applications. These include residential, commercial, or light industrial uses. The general duty safety switches we carry are load-break rated and optimized for use with light-duty motor circuits. They can also be used for service entrance applications.
- Heavy-Duty Safety Switches – Heavy-duty safety switches are used in commercial and industrial applications. They are load-break rated, dependable, and provide reliable operation for mission-critical functions.
- Elevator Contol Switches – Elevator control switches provide all-in-one solutions that make it easy to adhere to NFPA and other applicable building codes. Easily installed, these switches provide reliable, comprehensive control.
- Double Door Safety Switches – Exposure to line-side power is a very real risk. Double door safety switches provide considerable protection against line-side power. The compartmentalized design and built-in internal barrier separate the switching compartment from the fuse compartment, thus eliminating the potential of line-side power contact.
- Line Isolation Safety Switches – Line isolation safety switches reduce the potential exposure to line-side voltage. The compartmentalized design offers a method for disconnecting industrial control panels. This makes it possible to access the controls without exposure to line-side voltage.
- Service Entrance Safety Switches – Service entrance switches are built to disconnect on the utility side. This design requires fewer components and delivers a cost-effective solution for the needs of most businesses. As required, these can be fitted with an additional disconnect breaker for added protection.
- 4-Pole and 6-Pole Disconnect Switches – 4-pole and 6-pole disconnect switches are used for disconnecting two-speed, two-winding motors. These fused switches provide superior overcurrent and short-circuit protection.
For more information about the safety switches we offer, contact PSI Control Solutions at (704) 594-4107. It is our pleasure to help you select the switch that is best suited for the needs of your business.
What Is a Safety Switch (Disconnect Switch)?
A safety switch (also known as a “disconnect switch” or “load break switch”) serves multiple purposes, but its primary functions are to serve as a disconnect means for a service entrance and a disconnect means and fault protection for motors (heavy machinery).
What does this mean? Safety switches are primarily used to disconnect manufacturing equipment and heavy machinery from its power source. You may need to disconnect your equipment from its electrical supply for a variety of reasons, including:
- Emergency stoppage
Safety switches are a NEC requirement (National Electrical Code) in all industrial or manufacturing facilities established by the National Fire Protection Association. According to NEC article 430.102B, a safety switch must be in sight from all motors or manufacturing equipment. The NEC defines “in sight” as visible and not more than 50 feet from the equipment it controls.
There are multiple types of disconnect switches available, depending on the conditions inside your working environment. At PSI Control Solutions, our we offer fusible safety switch/disconnects with a NEMA 4 enclosure or NEMA 4X enclosure and non-fusible safety switch/disconnects with NEMA 4 or 4X enclosures.